This heater comes with the handle unattached. Use the screws provided to attach handle to the top of the heater.
- Plug the heater power cord directly into a standard grounded 110-120 volt AC outlet. Always operate the heater in the upright position with the rubber feet on the floor.
Caution: Be sure plug fits tightly into outlet. A loose fit will cause overheating and damage to the plug. Plug may feel warm during normal usage. If you must use an extension cord with this heater, the extension cord must be at least a NO. 14 AWG rate for the 1875 watts. Requires a 3 wire grounded cord and plug.
- Rotate wattage selector knob to the “1500 W” position, this provides the maximum heat output.
- Rotate the “THERMOSTAT” knob clockwise (right) to the “HIGH” setting until the knob stops. The heater should begin heating and the fan should start to blow warm air.
- Allow the heater to operate until the room temperature reaches the desired level, then slowly rotate the “THERMOSTAT” knob counter-clockwise (left) until the heater cycles off. At this setting, the heater will cycle on and off automatically to maintain this comfort level.
Note: Do not force knob beyond its normal stop position. It may be necessary to make minor adjustments to the thermostat to maintain the desired comfort level. Clockwise movement will increase the room temperature. Counter-clockwise movement will decrease room temperature.
- To conserve energy, the heater may be operated at a lower wattage by rotating control knob to the “1300 W” position.
- When heater is not needed, rotate control knob to the “OFF” position, remove the plug from outlet, and move heater to safe place for storage.
Do not expect the heating coils on your heater to glow. Coil elements are normally dark. Air movement over these coils prevents glowing yet provides warm air, similar to a forced-air furnace. Some glow may occur where the moving air does not directly touch the coils.
This heater is provided with a grounded (3 blade) plug.
Caution: The grounded plug must be used with a grounded outlet. Do not use an adapter in a 2-slot wall outlet unless the ground lug of the adapter is properly connected to a known building ground. Failure to use heater with properly grounded outlet or adapter could result in an electric shock hazard.
Turn selector switch “OFF”, then remove plug from electrical outlet before cleaning heater. Use a soft cloth for dusting. For cleaning use only a damp rag and non-abrasive dish detergent. Do not use abrasive or chemical cleaners as these may harm finish. If heater is used in a very dusty location, use a vacuum cleaner dust brush to remove dust and other foreign material from grilles. Always unplug cord and wrap around heater when not in use. Move heater to a safe location for storage.
This heater does not require any routine maintenance other than occasional cleaning to prevent clogging of intake grille openings. To clean air intake grille, use vacuum with brush attachment or high-pressure air. The motor is permanently lubricated. Do not operate the heater with a damaged cord or plug or if the heater malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner.
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using the heater.
- This heater is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Always use handle when moving heater. Keep combustibles such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet from front of heater and keep them away from sides and rear.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children or invalids and whenever the heater is left operating and unattended.
- Always unplug heater when not in use.
- Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug, if heater malfunctions, or has been dropped or damaged in any matter. Heater must be repaired by a qualified electrician.
- Do not use heater outdoors.
- Never locate heater where it may fall into bathtub or other water container.
- Do not run cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runner or the like. Arrange cord away from traffic area and where it will not be tripped over.
- To disconnect heater, turn selector knob to the “OFF” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- Connect to properly grounded outlets only.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust openings as this may cause electric shock or fire, or damage the heater.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- A heater has hot and acing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in area where gasoline, paint, or other flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Use heater only as described in the manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or personal injury.
- Avoid the use of an extension cord because the extension cord may overheat and cause a risk of fire. However, if you have to use an extension cord, the cord must be at least No. 14 AWG and rated not less than 1875 watts. Requires 3 wire grounded cord and plug.
- This heater is provided with an alarm (buzzer) to warn that parts of the heater are getting excessively hot. If the alarm sounds, immediately turn the heater off and inspect for any object on or adjacent to the heater that may cause high temperature. DO NOT OPERATE THE HEATER WITH THE ALARM SOUNDING.
For further information, please contact Charley's Customer Service at 1-800-322-4707.
This item is backed by Charley's 100% guarantee. If you are not completely
satisfied, return your purchase in the condition you receive it, within
30 days, for a refund, exchange or credit - whichever you prefer. If any
product is found to be defective within the first year, it may be returned
or exchanged for full credit.