Here's a guideline to help you plan your greenhouse. If you have any
questions please call us at 1-800-322-4707 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Our knowledgeable greenhouse consultants are always happy to help you.
Which Is Best For You?
- Western Red Cedar-Preferred wood for its beauty, strength, long life
and resistance to insects.
- Aluminum Long lasting and maintenance-free.
- Painted Aluminum best appearance, looks new for many years.
- Clear Tempered Safety Glass - Has the longest life and best clarity. Needs shading in the
summer to protect plants.
Polycarbonate - Our standard glazing panel. Strong and flexible.
TwinWall - Ideal for greenhouse roofs. Reduces overheating
during summer by reflecting some of the infrared heat rays. 8mm (5/16)
Polycarbonate - Sold in the Building Materials section
for DIY projects. Polycarbonate offers better insulation and strength. Standard in our Cedar
Heritage Greenhouses and optional in our English Greenhouses. 10mm (3/8)
- 5-Wall Polycarbonate - Best insulation with
thicker ribbing to provide extra strength. Best clarity and appearance.
Available in our Cape Cod, Cascadia, Dover, Phoenix, San Juan Greenhouses. 5x-Wall Polycarbonate is available in our Northern Heritage Greenhouses. 16mm
- Wall/Roof Combinations of the above glazings.
- Pressure treated timbers (up to 200 sq. ft greenhouse)
- Concrete/block base wall
- Concrete slab/tile
Note: Outside dimensions of greenhouse foundation are given under "Actual
Sizes" on the price charts.
If you have not poured a concrete slab, you will need
a walkway down the middle of your greenhouse. First, lay down
landscape fabric over the entire floor. For an aisle of bricks: frame
the walkway with treated 2 x 4 lumber, lay down 2" of crushed rock,
then 1" of sand, and set the bricks with 1/4" spacing. A final
touch might be to plant lemon thyme between the bricks! Finish the remainder
of the floor with 2" of pea gravel.
- Aisle pavers/bricks, Pea gravel under benches
- All pavers - provides good drainage
- Concrete slab/tile - not too smooth or it gets slippery. Provide for