Ventilation - Air Circulation:
Only open greenhouse vents and doors on warm days and
always close them at night. Clean your air circulation fan and make sure
it is working properly. (This is a critical time of year to have it running
to aid with condensation build-up and disease control.)
Water more sparingly now. Avoid watering late in the day
or during the evening. Do not leave pots on damp capillary matting.
- After digging up summer bulbs, let them dry in the
greenhouse before cleaning and storing.
- Pot up the last of the bulbs to be forced in Jan.-Feb.
- Pot up annuals. Keep in good light and give them minimum
- Pot up mint, chives, tarragon, basil and rosemary for
inside the cool greenhouse.
- Sow winter lettuce, chicory, endives and Chinese greens.
- Hardy shrubs, trailing ivies, winter bulbs, small-leaved
evergreen azaleas and mums do well in the cool greenhouse this time
of year, and add variety and color.